Monday, June 20, 2016

Leaf Studies in Colored Pencil

I finally finished my third leaf in this colored pencil series! I had put it aside for quite a while because I wasn't happy with my progress, which was a good thing to do because coming back to it after some time made me see it wasn't a lost cause at all and I was able to push forward. I finished it during my drawing class yesterday and am pleased with the results. This was done with Prismacolor pencils on Stonehenge paper. I used maybe 15 different colors? I wasn't keeping track. I've whittled my pencils down to as small a collection as possible to layer and capture what I see without needing every hue Prismacolor makes. I find that makes it harder for me to work when faced with too many color choices. I may add to my stash in the future, but for now, these colors work well for autumn leaves.

Leaf Study III, Prismacolor pencils on Stonehenge paper

No comments:

Post a Comment