Sunday, July 24, 2016

Wonder Woman!!!

Okay, I'm a little bit of a fan. Like, I have Lego Wonder Woman on my keychain and a print I got from Tidewater Comic Con in my girls' room so they'll always know who she is, and they have a number of WW board books to teach them about the alphabet and her origin story - you know, important stuff. ;) Anyway, WW of course was the best part of Dawn of Justice and I'm so excited about her moving coming out next year! So sad I have to wait a whole year...


But the first trailer dropped at San Diego's Comic Con, along with Justice League trailer and I like what I see!!! So I picked this drawing back up that I started several months ago but wasn't thrilled with. It's coming along better now. Yes, her eyes are still wonky but I just haven't finished shading them so I'm not worried about that. It feels like it's coming together much better this time around.


This is just a detail as I'm doing the whole face. I'm working with my set of Tombow drawing pencils on Bristol paper, which is very smooth - much like the back side of poster board, for those of you not familiar with it. There's still plenty of tooth to the paper, as you can see by the white specks in my shadows on the left. I've mostly worked that area with my 4B and HB, but I'm going to keep working on it, smoothing it out and going into each tiny spot to eliminate the white. It's important to choose the right pencil for the job because if you're trying to get black by applying more and more pressure, you're going to end up burnishing the graphite and getting a huge shiny spot. Work in layers and have patience. That's about the best advice I've got for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment